Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Love is in the air


I log into facebook today and I see a lot of Valentine's Day greetings and definitons of love being shared! Sometimes, facebook is a beter dictionay than Oxford! And there's #thatslove trending on twitter. I would be kidding if I said that I didn't expect to see this. I click on #thatslove to see what people have tweeted about and no prizes for guessing what I read. There are tons of movie made each year on the power of love. And not to forget the forward text messages that you receive at this time of the year! Truly, love is in the air.

How often have you felt let down by this 'love' that man has to offer? Ever felt that solitude was a better option than trying to earn the love of this world? You've definitely been looking for or experiencing the wrong "love". What exactly is 'love' then?

While everyone is trying to come up with their own definitons of love, the Bible comes up with one as well. 1 John 4:8 says,
God is Love.
It doesn't say God 'has' love. He is love which means that He is the source of love. He proves it everyday in my life. How about you? He sends me sunshine every morning to light up my day. He sends me flowers during spring. Whenever I want to talk to someone, He is there by my side listening to me. He has provided me with all my needs. He tells me, "I have cared for you from the time you were born. I am your God and I will take care of you until your hair is old and grey. I made you and I will care for you; I will help you and rescue you." He has promised to give me strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.

But above all this, He displayed His love for me on the Cross of Calvary. He has done that for you too. John 3:16 says,
For God so loved the WORLD that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes shall not perish but have eternal life.
Today, the world tries to impress each other, trying to demonstrate their love for each other by getting expensive, impressive gifts.  But my Jesus took only 3 nails, 2 wooden blocks and a crown of thorns to win my heart. He didn't buy me a gift but He bought ME at the highest price!

He has done the same for you as well. He is not someone who is going to disappoint you and you just needn't fear that He might one day leave you. Why? Because He is crazy about you. Face it. He can live anywhwere in this universe but He choses your heart! He stands at the door of your heart and knocks. Will you let Him in? I just did!

Yes, dear friend! God wants to develop a 'love affair' with you. Listen to this beautiful song which is more of 'love-song' written by Jesus for you!



True, love is in the air. But do you experience it in your heart? Is your heart yearning for this 'love-affair' with Jesus? On this beautiful day, I pray that you find this True Love - that love which is perfect, pure, free and wanting to be with you to guide you through forever!

0 comments:

Post a Comment