Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Home is where the heart is..


P.S.: If you're reading this post, it is safe to believe that the world has not ended yet and that the Mayans just got trolled or rather, the Mayans just trolled you. Now, this means life goes on as usual, you have to continue sweating it out, loving inside out and give that anti-rape shout, and continue to live in doubt and die in doubt too, perhaps!


Just a few questions that crept in as I kept thinking about the end of the world..

What happens when the world ends? Where will I go? What will I do? 

Now, that the Mayans go terribly wrong with these predictions, I prefer going to the Bible that has been so far right with its predictions.  In fact, it predicts this about the end of the world... 
"For you know quite well that the day of the Lord's return will come unexpectedly, like a thief in the night." (1 Thessalonians 5:2)

Currently, Mayans-0, God-1.

The Bible says my world will end when He returns or calls me Home.
What will happen then? 
Let's assume I go to Heaven(Romans 10:9-10). 
What happens when I go Home, i.e., Heaven? 

I just got back home for Christmas. I call it home because my parents are here, I can be my self here, I know where the entrance is, where the tv remote is, I know which is the light switch, I feel safe here and more importantly I believe in the rules and values that are followed in this place. I treasure the times spent at home and I am used to the practices followed in this place. My family, the disciplining, the encouragement, the protection, the relaxation and the simple, joyous feeling of being home are the treasures that I've stacked up in the place that I call home.

In the same way, if I have to make Heaven my Home, I need to know how to enter that place, I need to believe in the practices of that place, get used to them and treasure the values of that place.
The Bible tells me that there's going to be some singing happening(Revelation 5:9-13). Even if I am a bad singer, I will have to sing praises unto God and so I better get practicing everyday.
There'll be no weeping, mourning or pain in Heaven(Revelation 21:4). Now, that means I need to stop every act of mine that is hurting or causing pain to somebody out here on Earth.
Jesus is going to be the host and He will be out there waiting to receive me. So, unless I know Him personally, He sure is going to have a tough time in welcoming me and that will be quite an awkward situation to be in. I better start getting on my knees a lot more from now.

Now, depending on where I want to go from Earth, I can align my heart to focus on what I want to believe in and in turn, convert them into actions.

Because truly, 
Home is where the heart is. Heart is where the treasure is.
What if the world ends today?
Where's my treasure? Where's yours?

0 comments:

Post a Comment