Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving



It’s Thanksgiving time! I see all this ‘Thanksgiving Day’ trending all over twitter which made me Google up to see what exactly it is! And there you go… This is what I read…
"Thanksgiving is celebrated world over with equal fervour and euphoria. It conveys the universal feeling of being thankful to Lord Almighty for his continuous grace."


Ah! Honestly, I didn’t know that… With whatever I’ve seen on the television, it’s more of a banqueting time with family and friends, turkey being served as the main course! This is all that I knew. No wonder, this day is called as the ‘Turkey Day’ as well, for whatever reasons! 



All over the Bible, we see a lot of importance being given to thanksgiving.
Why not? We do have a lot of reasons to thank Him.



  •  For His never-ending love.
Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever. (1 Corinthians 16:34)
  • For His provisions for us through His creations. 
For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the Word of God and prayer. ( 1 Timothy 4:4-5)
  • Simply because He is just and righteous.
I will give thanks to the Lord because of His righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High. (Psalm 7:17)
  • He is more than a helper in times of trouble. 
The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song. (Psalm 28:7)
And on and on and on. For friends and family, for the good health and comfort, for our educational institutions (no matter how much we grumble for the college we are in, we are still so proud of just being a part of it.. right? )

And so, I sit down to make a list of why I wanna thank God today and I realize that He has answered every single prayer of mine. Probably not in the way I wanted Him to answer it, but in His own style.
So what did I ask God and what all have I received?

"I asked for strength,
And God gave me difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for wisdom,
And God gave me problems to solve.
I asked for prosperity,
And God gave me Brain and Brawn to work.
I asked for courage,
And God gave me obstacles to overcome.
I asked for love,
And God gave me troubled people to help.
I asked for favour,
And God gave me opportunities."

Yea… I am thankful today because I received nothing I wanted but I received everything I needed according to His perfect timing.
I am thankful for the sun that shines to wake me up every morning, giving me another day to praise my Creator!

Faith and Thanksgiving are great pals. When we are thankful, we thank God not only for what He has done for us in the past but also for what He is going to do in the future. When we thank Him, we magnify His name and not our problems.

The Bible says, 
 Give thanks in all circumstance, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus- Thessalonians 5:18
So, what are you thankful for today ???




0 comments:

Post a Comment