Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Saturday, January 7, 2012

What the Sydney Test taught me about "NEW" years...

India lost the first test match of the four match series against Australia at Melbourne in December 2011. As an ardent Indian cricket fan, I told myself, "Chalo! A bad year is over. India will bounce back in 2012. Sydney test awaits.." and so did all of you. Okay, most of you! Came January 3rd, I got up early in the morning because it was a new year and according to me, Indians were going to come hard at the Aussies. Even before I stepped out of my house to go to college, half the team was back in the dressing room. And I hear experts say that the batsmen made the same mistakes and did not learn from the previous test match, etc. 




My 2011 was probably not my best year either, But I told myself that 2012 was going to be better because it was a "new" year. In fact, I was glad that my 7th semester results were out by the end of 2011 which, according to me marked the culmination of my 2011 misery.
P.S: I don't mean that 2011 was a bad year just because of academics. In fact, I scaled the highest peak yet in academics during this year only. Getting a job is a big deal!

I'm sure that even you told yourself that 2012 will be a better year for you because it is a "new" year and you buried all your wounds of the previous year.

But this Sydney test has taught me that
a "new year" need not necessarily mean a new beginning for us if we decide not to change our old ways. 
My Bible tells me : (Luke 5:36-39)



Simply put, we cannot enter the "new" year along with our old habits if we want our year to be better. January 1 has no jee-boom-ba attached to it that it will magically make your year pleasant and successful.

Unless the Indian bowlers stop bowling wayward lengths and the batsmen stop playing irresponsible shots, their 2012 cannot be great all of a sudden. Unless I decide to leave my old ways behind and take some new decisions, my 2012 will not be groovy either! Unless you decide to let go off things that gave you a hard time in 2011, your year will not be any better!

So, what are the old ways that you are deciding to let go off? Shake it off and have a cracking year ahead!

0 comments:

Post a Comment